Help People. Change Lives.
At Westmoreland Community Action, our goal is to help low-income people change their lives and make Westmoreland County a better place to live.
You can help us in our mission by volunteering your time and your skills to make a real difference in our communities.
Volunteers Make a Difference
Volunteers are a driving force behind change. People like you — people who want to make a difference — bring skills, energy, and time to our programs and events. Simple gestures and acts of kindness positively impact the lives of the less fortunate. Consider giving back to your community by lending a hand to Westmoreland Community Action.
Why Should You Volunteer
People volunteer for all sorts of reasons. There are many wonderful benefits to donating your time to Westmoreland Community Action.
Why You Might Volunteer To…
- Share in the community and make a difference
- Feel needed as your life situation changes
- Share your skills and talents
- Make a commitment to a cause
- Be challenged and learn something new
- Be part of a team that accomplishes a goal
- Stand up and be counted!
Benefits of Volunteering
- Make new friends
- Learn new skills (even marketable job skills)
- Uncover hidden abilities and develop new talents
- Increase your self-confidence
- Explore new interests
- Have fun
- Make a difference
Learn More About Volunteer Opportunities
Westmoreland Community Action can always use an extra hand! Most of our volunteer opportunities are during working hours. Consider helping by:
- Distributing food at our monthly Foodbank
- Helping at a Head Start center
- General office work and reception
- Volunteering at our annual fundraisers
- Helping by becoming a volunteer income tax preparer