Help People. Change Lives.
At Westmoreland Community Action, our goal is to help low-income people change their lives and make Westmoreland County a better place to live.
You can help us in our mission by volunteering your time and your skills to make a real difference in our communities.
Why Should You Volunteer
People volunteer for all sorts of reasons. There are many wonderful benefits to donating your time to Westmoreland Community Action.
Why You Might Volunteer To…
- Share in the community and make a difference
- Feel needed as your life situation changes
- Share your skills and talents
- Make a commitment to a cause
- Be challenged and learn something new
- Be part of a team that accomplishes a goal
- Stand up and be counted!
Benefits of Volunteering
- Make new friends
- Learn new skills (even marketable job skills)
- Uncover hidden abilities and develop new talents
- Increase your self-confidence
- Explore new interests
- Have fun!
- Make a difference!
Learn More About Volunteer Opportunities
Westmoreland Community Action can always use an extra hand! Most of our volunteer opportunities are during working hours. Some volunteer opportunities are:
- Packing and distributing food at our monthly food bank distribution (3rd Thursday of every month)
- Helping at a Head Start center
- General office work – filing, faxing, etc.
- Volunteering at our annual fundraisers
- Helping by becoming a volunteer income tax preparer
- Volunteer to hand out fliers and information at a health fair, show or event
If you are interested in learning more about our volunteer opportunities, contact:
Denise Eyler, HR Director – firstname.lastname@example.org – 724.834.1260 x 1101