The program is FREE and applications can be completed year round. Early Head Start offers many services to help pregnant women and families with children under the age of three meet the medical, physical, emotional and developmental needs of their infant or toddler.
Early Head Start offers:
- Parenting education and support
- Child development assessment
- Developmentally appropriate activities
- Family activities
- Weekly home-based services
- Socialization experiences for both parent and child
- Referrals to community resources
Early Head Start Eligibility
- Be residents of Westmoreland County
- Must be expecting a baby OR have a child under age 3
- Meet income eligibility requirements OR have a child with special needs
You may qualify if you make less than the 100% column for your family size on the 2021 Federal Poverty Guidelines. Download the guidelines and compare your income to the 100% column.
Early Head Start services are provided in the family’s home and at various locations in Westmoreland County.
To learn more about Early Head Start contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 724-834-1260 ext. 416
Click here to fill out our online enrollment application for Head Start/Early Head Start/Pre-K Counts.
If within the past 2 years you have applied to Early Head Start, Head Start, or the Pre-K Counts Program, there is NO NEED
to complete a new application. Instead, please call 724-834-1260 (ext. 4121) and your application
will be updated and activated for possible enrollment opportunities.