Why Should You Volunteer
People volunteer for all sorts of reasons. There are many wonderful benefits to donating your time to Westmoreland Community Action.
Why You Might Volunteer To…
- Share in the community and make a difference
- Feel needed as your life situation changes
- Share your skills and talents
- Make a commitment to a cause
- Be challenged and learn something new
- Be part of a team that accomplishes a goal
- Stand up and be counted!
Benefits of Volunteering
- Make new friends
- Learn new skills (even marketable job skills)
- Uncover hidden abilities and develop new talents
- Increase your self-confidence
- Explore new interests
- Have fun!
- Make a difference!
If you are interested in learning more about our volunteer opportunities, contact:
Haley Carnahan, HR Assistant – email@example.com – 724.834.1260 x 1103
Help People. Change Lives.
At Westmoreland Community Action, our goal is to help low-income people change their lives and make Westmoreland County a better place to live.
You can help us in our mission by volunteering your time and your skills to make a real difference in our communities.
Learn More About Volunteer Opportunities
- Packing and distributing food at our monthly food bank distribution (3rd Thursday of every month)
- Helping at a Head Start center
- General office work - filing, faxing, etc.
- Volunteering at our annual fundraisers
- Helping by becoming a volunteer income tax preparer
- Volunteer to hand out fliers and information at a health fair, show or event