Crisis Unit Manager
Come join a team that is making a difference in our Community!
Benefits of working at WCA:
- 100% Employer paid Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Polices.
- Employer pays 80% of individual Medical Insurance Premium.
- 15 paid Holidays.
- 10 days of vacation in first year of employment.
- 3.69 hours of sick time accrued per pay period.
- 8% retirement match after 1 year and 1000 hours of service
- Mileage reimbursement
Salary Range from $56284 to $61,588 based on experience.
Westmoreland Community Action (WCA) is a non-profit organization that works to improve individuals and family’s quality of life and reduce poverty in the community.
The Crisis Unit Manager is responsible for overseeing the Crisis Hotline, Mobile Crisis, and other assigned programs. The services are provided 24 hours per day, 7 days per week in an effort to provide support, resources, and crisis intervention to individuals and families. This position is assigned to work the daylight shift but requires flexibility for staff support and is subject to change.
Some Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Crisis Hotline, Mobile Crisis, and other assigned programs. Provide after hour telephone support and consultation to staff.
- Complete monthly reports.
- Provide crisis intervention services, referrals & follow-ups to consumers who are exhibiting a wide variety of acute problems or behaviors disturbed thoughts, mood & social relationship.
- Complete monthly schedules of all assigned programs. Staff the programs according to needs. Accommodate staff requests, when possible. Avoid unnecessary overtime.
- Assume primary responsibility for obtaining or providing shift coverage in the event of call off or need for additional staffing.
- Work cooperatively with Behavioral Health & Developmental Services, Westmoreland Case management & Supports Inc., & other mental health providers to provide appropriate crisis intervention.
- Assure billing is submitted in timely manner by the correct source, Beacon Health, Westmoreland County Behavioral Health & Developmental Services.
Education, Skills and/or Experience (More requirements on full Job Description)
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in either sociology, social work, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, theology (with emphasis in pastoral counseling), nursing, counseling, education or a related field or at least 12 college credits in any if the above disciplines.
- Five (5) years previous casework experience with the demonstrated ability to oversee management of Crisis Programs, or similar experience in another work setting.
- Minimum of seven (7) years experience in completing staff schedules.
- Direct experience in crisis intervention with the ability to assess crisis situations, respond by providing appropriate counseling, assist in resolving crisis situations and arranging for efficient referral and follow-up services.
Westmoreland Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects our community and those that we seek to serve. If you, in good faith, believe that you are qualified to succeed in this position, we encourage you to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $56,284.00 – $61,588.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday