Come join a team that is making a difference in our local communities! Westmoreland Community Action (WCA) is a non-profit organization that works to connect individuals and families to opportunities and resources throughout the community to improve their quality of life and help to reduce poverty in the community. This is accomplished through housing, counseling, support, education, intervention, collaborations, partnerships, information, referrals, and networking. Benefits of working at WCA:
- 100% Employer paid Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Polices.
- Employer pays 80% of individual Medical Insurance Premium.
- 15 paid Holiday’s.
- 10 days of vacation in first year of employment.
- 3.69 hours of sick time accrued per pay period.
- 8% retirement match after 1 year and 1000 hours of service
- Mileage reimbursement
Westmoreland Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our mental health program is seeking full-time Crisis Workers to be responsible for providing telephone crisis intervention and mobile services 24/7 to mental health consumers in Westmoreland County. Responsibilities:
- Provide crisis intervention services via phone and in the community, including coaching, assessments, resource information, referrals and after care to mental health consumers
- Complete all documentation required for the crisis program according to regulatory guidelines in a timely manner
- Work cooperatively with Westmoreland County Behavioral Health and Developmental Services, Westmoreland County Case management and Supports, Inc. and other county providers.
- Bachelor’s degree in sociology or related field OR high school diploma and 12 semesters in sociology or related field, of which one year must be mental health direct care experience OR six years experience providing mental health crisis intervention services
- Direct experience in crisis intervention with the ability to assess and respond to crisis situation and knowledge of counseling skills
- Ability and willingness to work various shifts
- Must carry $100,000/$300,000 bodily liability car insurance
Crisis Worker Salary Range depending on experience: $24.00 to 27.48 per hour. Westmoreland Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 – $27.48 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance