Come join a team that is making a difference in our Community!
Westmoreland Community Action (WCA) is a non-profit organization that works to improve individuals and families quality of life and reduce poverty in the community.
WCA is currently seeking a full-time Program/Project Coordinator for the Westmoreland County Welcome Everyone Project. This position is responsible for the overall coordination and operation of the Welcome Everyone project that focuses on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, to build and a more welcoming, inclusive community and promote wide-spread education on social justice issues.
Benefits of working at WCA:
- 100% Employer paid Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Polices.
- Employer pays 80% of individual Medical Insurance Premium.
- 15 paid Holiday’s.
- 10 days of vacation in first year of employment.
- 3.69 hours of sick time accrued per pay period.
- 8% retirement match after 1 year and 1000 hours of service
- Mileage reimbursement
- Establish and coordinate at least two diversity and inclusion subcommittees, coordinating with major employers to promote living locally
- Work with the committees to a network of local ambassadors to represent Westmoreland County through outreach and engagement
- Develop public awareness activities that promote local businesses and foster a greater understanding of the project’s goals and objectives. Design and implement an action plan that keeps the program visible in the community
- Act as a liaison and serve as a resource to enact strategies that will ensure inclusivity and be welcome to all
- Assist with planning and development of the action plan and assist partners in securing additional funding from donors, sponsors, and fundraising
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, economics, finance, public relations, planning, business administration, nonprofit management or related field; or Associates Degree with 5 to 10 years of experience preferred
- Must address projects in an entrepreneurial, energetic and imaginative manner; must be able to work independently and a self-starter
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as deemed appropriate by Director
- Must possess valid PA Driver’s license and insurance to meet agency’s requirements
Go to www.westmorelandca.org for a full job description. Westmoreland Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer.