Early Head Start Family Advocate
Westmoreland Community Action (WCA) is a non-profit organization that works to improve individuals and family’s quality of life and reduce poverty in the community.
Benefits of working at WCA:
- 100% Employer paid Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Polices.
- Employer pays 80% of individual Medical Insurance Premium.
- 15 paid Holiday’s.
- 10 days of vacation in first year of employment.
- 3.69 hours of sick time accrued per pay period.
- 8% retirement match after 1 year and 1000 hours of service
- Mileage reimbursement
The family advocate will provide intensive and comprehensive child development and family support services to eligible pregnant women, infants, toddlers and preschoolers and their families through a series of weekly home visits (90 minutes) and scheduled socialization activities. the family advocate will facilitate developmentally appropriate experiences that meet all component areas of early head start and head start performance standards, including school readiness goals established by the program and the individual needs of the child. family advocates will maintain a maximum caseload of 10 to 12 families including infants, toddlers, preschoolers and pregnant women.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Plan and conduct at least one home visit per week to approximately ten to twelve families.
- Assist in the development of individual family goals and strategy steps for reaching their goals.
- Assist families in the assessment of family needs and their child’s development.
- Facilitate the parents as teacher’s curriculum to support parents in planning developmentally appropriate activities for the visits.
- Provide families with health information, referrals and resources.
- Support families in providing for their health needs, providing transportation as necessary to medical identify the health and safety risk factors of the families and work with families to resolve these risks.
Education, experience and skills
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or human services preferred
- A minimum of a cda credential or equivalent coursework
- Valid pa driver’s license
- Act 33 and 34 clearances.
- Fully vaccinated for covid-19
Early Head Start Family Advocate salary is based on experience: $17.77 to $19.97
Westmoreland Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects our community and those that we seek to serve.
Please include a cover letter to tell us about your unique qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.44 – $19.97 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
Proof of Covid vaccination or a Medical or Religious waiver must be provided at time of hire.