Come join a team that is making a difference in our Community! Westmoreland Community Action (WCA) is a non-profit organization that works to improve individuals and family’s quality of life and reduce poverty in the community. Benefits of working at WCA:
- 100% Employer paid Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Polices.
- Employer pays 80% of individual Medical Insurance Premium.
- 15 paid Holiday’s.
- 10 days of vacation in first year of employment.
- 3.69 hours of sick time accrued per pay period.
- 8% retirement match after 1 year and 1000 hours of service
- Mileage reimbursement
Position summary The family advocate will provide intensive and comprehensive child development and family support services to eligible pregnant women, infants, toddlers and preschoolers and their families through a series of weekly home visits (90 minutes) and scheduled socialization activities. The family advocate will facilitate developmentally appropriate experiences that meet all component areas of early head start and head start performance standards, including school readiness goals established by the program and the individual needs of the child. Family advocates will maintain a maximum caseload of 10 to 12 families including infants, toddlers, preschoolers and pregnant women.
- Plan and conduct at least one home visit per week to approximately ten to twelve families.
- Assist in the development of individual family goals and strategy steps for reaching their goals.
- Assist families in the assessment of family needs and their child’s development.
- Facilitate the parents as teacher’s curriculum to support parents in planning developmentally appropriate activities for the visits.
- Provide families with health information, referrals and resources. Support families in providing for their health needs, providing transportation as necessary to medical appointments.
- Identify the health and safety risk factors of the families and work with families to resolve them.
- Assist with planning and facilitating parent and child socialization for families two times a month.
- Assist families in obtaining needed resources, making referrals when necessary.
- Provide nutrition education and hands on experiences to encourage healthy eating at home and program events
- Plan for and participate in family reviews with supervisor.
- Assist in community outreach, recruitment and completing applications as needed.
- Maintain accurate and ongoing documentation.
- Maintain compliance with HIPPAA regulations, in regard to accessing protected health information, according to the HIPPA policy and procedure manual. Employee’s access is on a “need to know” basis.
- Implement all program screenings, curriculum, and child observations as required
- Any and all other duties as assigned by the early head start coordinator.
Education, experience and skills
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or human services preferred
- A minimum of a CDA credential or equivalent coursework
- Valid pa driver’s license
- Act 33 and 34 clearances.
* REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO SAFELY PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION OF EARLY HEAD START SUPPORT SERVICE SPECIALIST.Physical requirements – Push/pull, lift/move up to 25 pounds. Manual dexterity – Perform moderately difficult manipulation – typing, filing, and writing. Coordination – Perform tasks, which require foot and/or hand/eye coordination – driving a car, typing data entry. Mobility – Walk, stand, sit for prolonged periods of time, drive. Speech – Articulate with extreme accuracy – employee/client relations, phone contact. Vision – Read small print, drive a car. Hearing – Receive verbal instructions, answer phones, intercom, communicate with employees. Concentration – Able to concentrate on fine detail with some interruption. Attention span – Able to attend to task function for more that 60 minutes. Conceptualization – Able to understand and relate to theories behind several related concepts. Memory – Able to remember multiple verbal and written task-assignments given at beginning of a period extending over long period of time. Environment Conditions – Indoor/outdoor work. Westmoreland Community Action is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects our community and those that we seek to serve. If you, in good faith, believe that you are qualified to succeed in this position, we encourage you to apply. Please include a cover letter to tell us about your unique qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,275.00 – $41,500.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance