Come join a team that is making a difference in our local communities! Westmoreland Community Action (WCA) is a non-profit organization that works to connect individuals and families to opportunities and resources throughout the community to improve their quality of life and help to reduce poverty in the community. This is accomplished through housing, counseling, support, education, intervention, collaborations, partnerships, information, referrals, and networking. Benefits of working at WCA:
- 100% Employer paid Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Polices.
- Employer pays 80% of individual Medical Insurance Premium.
- 15 paid Holiday’s.
- 10 days of vacation in first year of employment.
- 3.69 hours of sick time accrued per pay period.
- 8% retirement match after 1 year and 1000 hours of service
- Mileage reimbursement
POSITION SUMMARY: The Economic Development Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and helping to implement Westmoreland Community Action’s economic development projects. This may include Neighborhood Partnership Program(s), business/economic development supports and/or affordable housing development. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate the daily operation of WCA’s Neighborhood Partnership Programs.
- Coordinate the activity of NPP Program Committees, ensuring the communication between committees is well established; assist committees with the development and implementation of work plan items.
- Develop public awareness activities that promote local businesses and foster a greater understanding of the Program’s goals and objectives. Design and implement a plan that keeps the program visible in the community.
- Provide project management oversight for WCA economic development projects. This may include bidding and securing suppliers, hiring and overseeing sub-contractors, coordinating with local authorities to ensure code compliance.
- Plan and execute special events with support from committee members.
- Become familiar with persons and groups directly or indirectly involved in project areas.
- Act as primary WCA point of contact in project areas and serve as liaison between the local government, project funders, Community and Economic Development Organizations, Westmoreland Community Action, DCED and other stakeholders regarding Program activities and goals.
- Encourage a cooperative climate between business interest, residential communities, local public officials, in project areas, and WCA staff.
- Assist with planning and development of new initiatives that further project outcomes.
- Responsible for coordinating and/or making presentations to community partners and discussing WCA’s economic development program, the social determinants of health, and/or other applicable WCA programs.
- At the discretion of WCA management, provide staff support to Keystone Hope Development.
- Coordinate, delegate, maintain, and monitor all administrative aspects of program activities, including purchasing, record keeping and budget monitoring; preparing required reports; assist with the preparation of reports to funding agencies; and coordinating/evaluating volunteers when appropriate.
- Coordinate with WCA fundraising and data collection staff to maintain grant compliance, conduct data analysis, and generate future fundraising requests.
- Maintain materials, equipment, and forms necessary for program operations.
- Any and all other job-related duties as assigned by the VP of Community Investment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR SKILLS:
- Degree in planning, economic development, marketing, economics, finance, public relations, business administration, nonprofit management or related field preferred or equivalent paid work experience.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, computer and clerical skills.
- Must address projects in an entrepreneurial, energetic and imaginative manner.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as deemed appropriate by VP of Community and economic development.
- Must be able to work independently and a self-starter.
- Must possess strong written and verbal skills.
- Must possess valid PA. Driver’s license and insurance to meet agency’s requirements.
Westmoreland Community Action (WCA) is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects our community and those that we seek to serve. If you, in good faith, believe that you are qualified to succeed in this position, we encourage you to apply. Please include a cover letter to tell us about your unique qualifications for the position. ALL QUALIFIED PERSONS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION (CREED), GENDER, GENDER EXPRESSION, MARTIAL STATUS, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, OR OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED CHARACTERISTICS.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $22.48 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance