Come join a team that is making a difference in our local communities!
Westmoreland Community Action (WCA) is a non-profit organization that works to connect individuals and families to opportunities and resources throughout the community to improve their quality of life and help to reduce poverty in the community. This is accomplished through housing, counseling, support, education, intervention, collaborations, partnerships, information, referrals, and networking.
WCA is currently seeking one Head Start Classroom Aide for our Latrobe location. The Head Start Classroom Aide will participate in classroom activities under the direction of the teacher to provide a safe nurturing learning environment and may possibly assist with meal preparation.
- Assist and supervise the children through all parts of the day.
- Assist in the classroom by ensuring a safe and healthy learning environment by following Head Start safety checklist and sanitation procedures
- Interact with children in the classroom during small groups; circle time and work time to facilitate developmentally appropriate practices.
- Ensure that the activities of this position are consistent with the mission, vision and values of the WCA Head Start performance standards, policies and procedures.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED required.
- Act 33, 34 and FBI Clearances.
- Familiarity or involvement with the Head Start Program.
$12.02/hour with High School diploma or GED. $12.53/hour with CDA or college credits.
Employee will receive a $1500 sign on bonus after successful completion of 90 day probationary period.
Westmoreland Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer.