Come join a team that is making a difference in our Community!
Westmoreland Community Action (WCA) is a non-profit organization that works to improve individuals and families quality of life and reduce poverty in the community.
Westmoreland Community Action is seeking a Full-Time Head Start Teacher at its New Kensington location. The Head Start teacher provides supervision and support needed to assure the planning and implementation of developmentally appropriate activities in a Head Start Pre-school Classroom utilizing the PA Early Learning Standards/Head Start Child Outcomes, Children’s Interests and the Programs Child Assessment tool.
Benefits of working at WCA:
- 100% Employer paid Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Polices.
- Employer pays 80% of individual Medical Insurance Premium.
- 15 paid Holiday’s.
- 10 days of vacation in first year of employment.
- 3.69 hours of sick time accrued per pay period.
- 8% retirement match after 1 year and 1000 hours of service
- Mileage reimbursement
- Plan, in conjunction with parents, classroom staff and the Area Manager, implementation of program objectives in all areas of the Head Start Program
- Support, supervise, and evaluate Classroom Aides and Cook Manager. Performance evaluations will be completed annually.
- Complete a minimum of 2 visits with each family to collect information from families and to share information with the family regarding their child’s development, experiences in the center, as well as provide family with support they need to ensure their child’s success in Kindergarten.
- Ensure that all classroom activities are developmentally appropriate and aligned with the PA Early Learning Standards and support Head Start Performance Standards.
Education / Experience / Skills
- Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education or related Field.
- Previous teaching or Head Start experience with knowledge of program and performance standards. Two years’ experience working with children and families preferred.
- Strong Leadership, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Act 33, Act 34 and FBI Clearances.
- Valid PA driver’s license and insurance as mandated by the agency.
Employee will receive a $1500 sign on bonus after successful completion of 90 day probationary period.
Pay scale is as follows:
- $15.34 with an Associate Degree
- $16.78 with a Bachelor’s Degree
- increased amounts with a Level 1 or Level 2 Certification