Come join a team that is making a difference in our local communities!
Westmoreland Community Action (WCA) is a non-profit organization that works to connect individuals and families to opportunities and resources throughout the community to improve their quality of life and help to reduce poverty in the community. This is accomplished through housing, counseling, support, education, intervention, collaborations, partnerships, information, referrals, and networking.
WCA is currently seeking one Head Start Pre-K Counts Teacher for our Donegal location. The Head Start Pre-K Counts Teacher will provide supervision and support needed to assure the planning and implementation of developmentally appropriate activities in a Pre-K Counts Classroom.
- Plan, in conjunction with parents, classroom staff and the Area Manager, implementation of program objectives in all areas of the Head Start Program.
- Support, supervise, and evaluate Classroom Aides. Performance evaluations will be completed annually.
- Complete a minimum of 2 in home visits with families to collect information from families and to share information with the family regarding their child’s development, experiences in the center, as well as provide family with support they need to ensure their child’s success in Kindergarten.
- Complete 2 parent-teacher conferences to discuss individual children’s skill levels in all the key areas of child development.
- Bachelors in Early Child Education or Pre K Certification in Elem Education with the Level I Certification in Early Child Education or Pre K
- Two years experience working with children and families and one year in planning, organizing or supervision preferred.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Act 33, Act 34 and FBI Clearances.
- Valid PA driver’s license and insurance as mandated by the agency.
Westmoreland Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer.