Head Start Pre-K Teacher – Belle Vernon Center
Come join a team that is making a difference in our local communities!
- Paid year round with summers off.
- Daylight Shifts, starting between 7am and 8am and ending between 2pm and 4pm (Depending on Center’s hours.
- No evenings or weekends.
- Paid mileage when attending meeting, trainings, etc.
- 15 Paid Holidays.
- Off with Pay — week between Christmas and New Years.
- Free company cell phone (Depending on Position.
Head Start Pre-K Counts Teacher Salary $42,000 to $46,000
Westmoreland Community Action (WCA) is a non-profit organization that works to connect individuals and families to opportunities and resources throughout the community to improve their quality of life and help to reduce poverty in the community. This is accomplished through housing, counseling, support, education, intervention, collaborations, partnerships, information, referrals, and networking.
WCA is currently seeking one Head Start Pre-K Counts Teacher. The Head Start Pre-K Counts Teacher will provide supervision and support needed to assure the planning and implementation of developmentally appropriate activities in a Pre-K Counts Classroom.
- Plan, in conjunction with parents, classroom staff and the Area Manager, implementation of program objectives in all areas of the Head Start Program.
- Support, supervise, and evaluate Classroom Aides. Performance evaluations will be completed annually.
- Complete a minimum of 2 in home visits with families to collect information from families and to share information with the family regarding their child’s development, experiences in the center, as well as provide family with support they need to ensure their child’s success in Kindergarten.
- Complete 2 parent-teacher conferences to discuss individual children’s skill levels in all the key areas of child development.
- Bachelors in Early Child Education/Level I (Level 2) Certification in Early Childhood Education.
- Two years experience working with children and families preferred.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Act 33, Act 34 and FBI Clearances.
- Valid PA driver’s license and insurance as mandated by the agency.
- Covid 19 vaccine or medical/religious exemption
- Physical and TB test prior to start date
Westmoreland Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects our community and those that we seek to serve.
Please include a cover letter to tell us about your unique qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42,000.00 – $46,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required unless waived by medical or religious exemption.