Head Start Teacher Assistant – Delmont Center
Come join a team that is making a difference in our local communities!
- Paid year round with summers off.
- Daylight Shifts, starting between 7am and 8am and ending between 2pm and 4pm (Depending on Center’s hours.
- No evenings or weekends.
- Paid mileage when attending meeting, trainings, etc.
- 15 Paid Holidays.
- Off with Pay — week between Christmas and New Years.
- Free company cell phone (Depending on Position.
Westmoreland Community Action (WCA) is a non-profit organization that works to connect individuals and families to opportunities and resources throughout the community to improve their quality of life and help to reduce poverty in the community. This is accomplished through housing, counseling, support, education, intervention, collaborations, partnerships, information, referrals, and networking.
WCA is currently seeking a Head Start Teacher Assistant. The Head Start Teacher Assistant will participate in classroom activities under the direction of the teacher to provide a safe nurturing learning environment and may possibly assist with meal preparation.
- Assist and supervise the children through all parts of the day.
- Assist in the classroom by ensuring a safe and healthy learning environment by following Head Start safety checklist and sanitation procedures
- Interact with children in the classroom during small groups; circle time and work time to facilitate developmentally appropriate practices.
- Ensure that the activities of this position are consistent with the mission, vision and values of the WCA Head Start performance standards, policies and procedures.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED required.
- Act 33, 34 and FBI Clearances.
- Familiarity or involvement with the Head Start Program.
Westmoreland Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $15.04 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Proof of Covid vaccination is required unless waived by medical or religious exemption.