Health Specialist / Coordinator
Posted 2 weeks ago
Come join a team that is making a difference in our Community!
Benefits of working at WCA:
- 100% Employer paid Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Polices.
- Employer pays 80% of individual Medical Insurance Premium.
- 15 paid Holidays.
- 10 days of vacation in first year of employment.
- 3.69 hours of sick time accrued per pay period.
- 8% retirement match after 1 year and 1000 hours of service.
- Mileage reimbursement.
Salary Range from $35,110 to $42,723 based on experience.
Westmoreland Community Action (WCA) is a non-profit organization that works to improve individuals and families quality of life and reduce poverty in the community.
We are in search of either a Health Specialist or a Health Coordinator. The Health Specialist and Health Coordinator work in preventive health services for all Head Start (HS), Early Head Start (EHS), and Pre-K Counts (PKC) families.
SCOPE AND IMPACT:
- Provides health education to families.
- Provides health related needs to HS and PKC centers and Home-Based Families.
- Assists with the collection of evaluation, screening and treatment data as called for in the Head Start performance standards.
- Works with HS, EHS, PKC staff to evaluate health needs of enrolled children.
- Works with HS, EHS, PKC and families to develop a plan to meet the health needs of the children.
- Works with families, community providers, and HS, EHS, PKC staff to implement the health plan.
- Assists in the screenings of all HS, EHS, PKC Children.
- Work with Disability Coordinator and Nutrition consultant to coordinate the plan to best meet the health care needs of the child and families.
- Conduct home visits as needed and required.
- Continuously be educating staff on how to best meet the health care needs of the child.
- Read and evaluate health records and medical reports, as needed.
- Report to and consult with the Health and Disabilities Team on a regular basis.
- Maintain compliance with HIPAA regulations, in regard to accessing Protected Health Information, according to the Table of Access contained in the HIPAA Policy and Procedure Manual. Employees access is on a “need to know” basis.
- Perform any and all other responsibilities as assigned by supervisors.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR SKILLS
- Pediatric experience is a plus.
- Familiar with medical terminology.
- Experience in community health, nutrition, child development, first aid, and safety is desirable.
- Working knowledge of local community resources related to medical and dental care.
- Collaboratively work as part of an educational team; becomes familiar with the unique needs and rights of students as well as Head Start regulations to ensure all are met.
- Ability to multi-task actively and contribute to the provision of a safe environment for the students being served.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills and excellent phone skills
- Excellent communication skill.
- Valid Pa. Driver’s license and car insurance mandated by the agency.
- Act 33, 34, and FBI clearances.
- Coordinator position needs all of the above plus must be an LPN, RN, or have an AA/BA in health related field.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,110.00 – $42,723.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Greensburg, PA 15601: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)