Come join a team that is making a difference in our local communities!
Westmoreland Community Action (WCA) is a non-profit organization that works to connect individuals and families to opportunities and resources throughout the community to improve their quality of life and help to reduce poverty in the community. This is accomplished through housing, counseling, support, education, intervention, collaborations, partnerships, information, referrals, and networking.
Westmoreland Community Action is currently seeking a Part-time Housing Case Manager
- Develops initial service plan and completes service plan updates.
- Links housing supports’ participants to all appropriate resources, i.e. medical, mental health, other human service providers.
- Provides support to housing supports’ participants in completion of service plan goals, when necessary.
- Meets one-on-one with tenants, i.e. reviews service plan goals, provides resources, support.
- Effectively manages crisis situations independently, while providing Housing Manager with updates and reports specific to the incident.
- Facilitates tenant meetings.
- Inspects housing sites, i.e. identifies safety issues, needed repairs.
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in either sociology, social work, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, theology(with emphasis on pastoral counseling), nursing, counseling, education or a related field or
- High School diploma or equivalency and 12 semester hours in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology or other social service and two years experience in public or private human services, of which one year must be mental health direct care experience.
- A combination of lived experience with homelessness and/or work experience will be considered as a substitute for 1 & 2 above, on a case by case basis.
- Experience working with individuals experiencing homelessness/housing instability.
- Act 33, 34 and FBI Clearances.
Additional benefits available to full-time employees.
Please include a cover letter with your resume.
Westmoreland Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer.