Come join a team that is making a difference in our local communities! Westmoreland Community Action (WCA) is a non-profit organization that works to connect individuals and families to opportunities and resources throughout the community to improve their quality of life and help to reduce poverty in the community. This is accomplished through housing, counseling, support, education, intervention, collaborations, partnerships, information, referrals, and networking. Benefits of working at WCA:
- 100% Employer paid Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Polices.
- Employer pays 80% of individual Medical Insurance Premium.
- 15 paid Holiday’s.
- 10 days of vacation in first year of employment.
- 3.69 hours of sick time accrued per pay period.
- 8% retirement match after 1 year and 1000 hours of service
- Mileage reimbursement
SCOPE AND IMPACT Effectively manage the mental health housing sites and ensure facilities are properly maintained. Interact with the residents, providing individualized supportive services. Engage with the public as needed in the day-to-day operation of the Program sites. HOUSING SUPPORT SPECIALIST RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops initial service plan and completes service plan updates.
- Links housing supports’ participants to all appropriate resources, i.e. medical, mental health, other human service providers.
- Provides support to housing supports’ participants in completion of service plan goals, when necessary.
- Meets one-on-one with tenants, i.e. reviews service plan goals, provides resources, support.
- Effectively manages crisis situations independently, while providing supervisor with updates and reports specific to the incident.
- Facilitates tenant meetings.
- Inspects housing sites, i.e. identifies safety issues, needed repairs.
- Completes all data forms and attends meetings.
- Assists tenants with move-in; assures completion of paperwork; assures adequate food and clothing.
- Monitors tenant behaviors in regard to sudden changes. i.e. mood swings, erratic movement, irritability, that may jeopardize their health or housing status and responds appropriately to any success or issues.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic mathematical skills in order to perform simple calculations.
- Ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing using the English language.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to analyze situations and formulate an effective course of action independently.
- Ability to organize and prioritize various work assignments.
- Ability to keep accurate and detailed records.
- Ability to function as a team member by assisting coworkers and tenants in successfully maintaining the permanent supportive housing units.
EDUCATION, REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND/OR SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in either sociology, social work, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, theology(with emphasis on pastoral counseling), nursing, counseling, education or a related field
- High School diploma or equivalency and 12 semester hours in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology or other social service and two years experience in public or private human services, of which one year must be mental health direct care experience.
- Six years experience providing mental health crisis intervention services can be substituted for 1 & 2 above.
- Ability to maintain accurate case documentation and housing records.
- Ability to work cooperatively with the Westmoreland Casemanagement and Supports, Inc. staff for service planning and the provision of services.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule within a 40-hour work week as Program needs dictate.
- Willingness to accompany mental health consumers into the community for socialization/recreational activities and to scheduled appointments.
- Basic working knowledge Microsoft Word and willingness to learn Microsoft Excel.
- Must carry $100,000/$300,000 bodily liability car insurance.
Westmoreland Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.32 – $18.64 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance