M3 Mothers Making More Case Manager
Come join a team that is making a difference in our Community!
Westmoreland Community Action (WCA) is a non-profit organization that works to improve individuals and families quality of life and reduce poverty in the community.
Benefits of working at WCA:
- 100% Employer paid Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Polices.
- Employer pays 80% of individual Medical Insurance Premium.
- 15 paid Holiday’s.
- 10 days of vacation in first year of employment.
- 3.69 hours of sick time accrued per pay period.
- 8% retirement match after 1 year and 1000 hours of service
- Mileage reimbursement
The M3 Case Manager will work with the Mothers Making More (M3) that is a program that supports single female head of households with children under 18 in Westmoreland and Fayette Counties that are attending an accredited institution of learning to gain the education needed to enter into a preselected occupation that pays a family sustaining wage. The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for assisting with all participant services and expected to assess, plan, implement, monitor and evaluate all actions required to meet client needs. The Case Manager is also responsible for daily data entry into the WCA database.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Plan, schedule, and facilitate meetings with the participants regularly as assigned and needed.
- Prepare reports as required
- Enter all information as required into the WCA data base.
- Attend informational meetings as assigned.
- Assist participants with applications for any other prequalifying assistance opportunities.
- Handle case assignments as assigned and review case progress.
- Help participants make informed decisions and promote quality and cost-effective interventions and outcomes
- Develop effective working relations with staff of program partners.
- Attend evening and/or weekend client and partner meetings and activities as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- WCA Agency programs.
- Westmoreland County educational opportunities.
- Social services structure and access points.
- Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, and Outlook, case management and CRM software and updating.
- Case management, including developing rapport, motivation building, and coaching participants to meet their goals.
- Trauma-informed care case management.
- Motivational interviewing.
- Solution-Focused case management
- Person centered approach and techniques.
- Case file documentation and data collection.
- Effectively communicate verbally with both individuals and groups, including program participants, property owners, funders and other partner agency staff, and external stakeholders.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Work occasional weekends and evenings, as needed, including a voluntary on-call schedule.
- Meet with consumers in various home, community and office settings.
- Effectively manage case dynamics and maintain open communication with supervisor.
CULTURE OF SERVICE
Successful incumbents maintain:
- A commitment to the mission and vision of WCA
- A commitment to serving and empowering individuals to have involvement in the decision making process and agency over the decisions that impact their lives.
- A professional and collaborative approach to challenging situations.
- A trauma-informed approach.
- An ability to recognize and be honest about our deficits and mistakes; as individuals, a team and a system.
- An understanding that we must hold ourselves and how we serve to a higher standard than merely being well meaning.
- Experience implementing trauma-informed care.
- Ability to maintain accurate case documentation and records.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other social service providers and government agencies.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule within a 40-hour work week as program needs dictate.
- Computer literacy with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to set professional boundaries.
- A valid driver’s license and car insurance to meet agency insurance requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in either sociology, social work, psychology, counseling, education or other related field or two years of experience in public or private human services, of which one year must be mental health direct care experience.
- A combination of education, training, work experience and/or lived experience will be considered. If, in good faith, you believe that you have the experience to succeed in this position, please apply!
Westmoreland Community Action is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects our community and those that we seek to serve. If you, in good faith, believe that you are qualified to succeed in this position, we encourage you to apply. Please include a cover letter to tell us about your unique qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.25 – $19.75 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift