Come join a team that is making a difference in our local communities!
Westmoreland Community Action (WCA) is a non-profit organization that works to improve individuals and families quality of life and help to reduce poverty in the community.
WCA is currently seeking four full time time Support Staff Workers and one part time position to provide supportive services to the participants of the New Foundations Program. This position could be regularly assigned to work any of the shifts at the New Foundations Program according to the Program needs.
Full time benefits of working at WCA:
- 100% Employer paid Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Polices.
- Employer pays 80% of individual Medical Insurance Premium.
- 15 paid Holiday’s.
- 10 days of vacation in first year of employment.
- 3.69 hours of sick time accrued per pay period.
- 8% retirement match after 1 year and 1000 hours of service
- Mileage reimbursement
- Provide supervision and support to mental health participants in the New Foundations Program, as well as, adhere to specific program policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement housing strategy plans.
- Supervise participants during medication administering times, ensuring they self- medicate according to prescribed dosages.
- Provide transportation for participants of the New Foundations Program when necessary for housing- related services in the community.
- Ensure participant confidentiality, right to appeal, and individual civil rights are maintained in compliance with HIPAA standards established by Westmoreland
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Ability to supervise or assist participants in the implementation of their housing goals.
- Ability to maintain accurate case documentation.
- Willingness to accompany participants into the community for scheduled housing- related appointments if necessary.
- Computer knowledge and skills helpful.
- Valid PA Driver’s License required and must carry $100,000/$300,000 bodily liability car insurance.
- Must be dependable, responsible, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Westmoreland Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects our community and those we seek to serve.