Come join a team that is making a difference in our local communities!
Westmoreland Community Action (WCA) is a non-profit organization that works to connect individuals and families to opportunities and resources throughout the community to improve their quality of life and help to reduce poverty in the community. This is accomplished through housing, counseling, support, education, intervention, collaborations, partnerships, information, referrals, and networking.
Westmoreland Community Action (WCA) is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects our community and those that we seek to serve. If you, in good faith, believe that you are qualified to succeed in this position, we encourage you to apply. Please include a cover letter to tell us about your unique qualifications for the position.
Benefits of working at WCA:
- 100% Employer paid Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Polices.
- Employer pays 80% of individual Medical Insurance Premium.
- 15 paid Holiday’s.
- 10 days of vacation in first year of employment.
- 3.69 hours of sick time accrued per pay period.
- 8% retirement match after 1 year and 1000 hours of service
- Mileage reimbursement
WCA is making a strategic investment in expanding our Recovery services. This position will support the implementation and ongoing execution of an evidence-based intervention to support families of individuals in Recovery. The service model, CRAFT is a skills-based program for families of people who struggle with addiction. It is designed to support family members across multiple areas, including self-care, pleasurable activities, problem-solving, and goal-setting, while at the same time teaching behavioral and motivational strategies for interacting with their loved one and addressing resistance to change. Participants learn, for example, the power of positive reinforcement for healthy behavior (and of withdrawing it for unwanted behavior), and how to use communication skills to improve interactions and maximize their influence.
The Program Specialist provides direct client services and supports other Agency case management staff to provide outstanding service in challenging circumstances or situations. The Program Specialist will utilize a trauma-informed; client-centered approach in delivering case management services to assist program participants in identifying and eliminating barriers that impede one’s ability to achieve and maintain economic stability. In this role, the Program Specialist can expect to serve the following populations: individuals in recovery from substance use disorder, the unemployed, those experiencing or at risk for homelessness, single parents, adult with criminal history, complex mental health needs and individuals that have prior or current juvenile justice involvement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Support Agency case management staff to provide collaborative case management in challenging circumstances or situations.
- Assist in facilitating case conference, team approach and other modalities of collaborative case management.
- Manage a caseload size greater than 30 cases at any given time.
- Draft individualized client-centered service plans with clients that incorporate SMART goals- (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely).
- Coordinate and integrate supportive services that are trauma-informed, safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable and client-centered.
- Work collaboratively with clients to reduce/eliminate barriers that impede one’s ability to achieve service plan goals.
- Be responsive to client’s needs by providing regular and ongoing support to the client while working the service plan goals.
- Meet one-on-one with participants as required by the program deliverables.
- Monitor, track and report on the client’s progress in achieving service plan goals and determine case closure.
- Effectively manages crisis situations, utilizing the crisis mobile team if needed, while providing appropriate management with updates and reports specific to the incident.
- Utilize program/agency required client tracking software systems.
- Attend individual and staff meetings as directed.
- Attend meeting, conferences, professional development and training sessions as assigned.
- Complete all required program reports, ensuring they are timely and factual as directed.
- Other duties as assigned by appropriate management personnel.
SPECIFIC JOB ABLITIES NEEDED
- Ability to handle change with integrity and an open-mind.
- Ability to actively listen, communicate verbally and in writing using the English language.
- Ability to critically think, generate creative solutions and problem solve.
- Ability to deploy effective time management skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize various work assignments.
- Ability to keep accurate and detailed records.
- Ability to function as a team member by assisting coworkers in their prospective role when needed.
- Ability to utilize a culturally competent lens during service delivery.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional rapport with clients, colleagues and community members.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
CULTURE OF SERVICE EXPECTATION
- Committed to the mission and vision of WCA.
- Willingness to learn about and deploy diversity, equity, inclusion approaches during service delivery.
- Willingness to learn and utilize trauma-informed approaches during service delivery.
- Committed to serving and empowering individuals and communities to have autonomy in decision-making that impact their lives.
- Committed to cultivating and utilizing a growth mindset.
EDUCATION, REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND/OR SKILLS
- Licensed Baccalaureate Social Worker, BSW, or Certified Social Work Case Manager preferred. Bachelor’s Degree in a closely related field with relevant experience may be considered.
- Previous case management experience or relevant direct service work.
- Ability to work independently and maintain accurate case documentation and records.
- Ability to work with various agencies for service planning and the provision of services.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule within a 40 –hour work week as the program needs dictate.
- Willingness to accompany participants to scheduled appointments.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word and willingness to learn Microsoft Excel.
- Must possess a valid PA driver’s license and vehicle insurance to comply with agency standards of coverage.
- Act 33/34 Clearances
The list of essential job functions/duties and job specific abilities as outlined herein, is intended to be all inclusive of the tasks performed within this position. It is not necessarily descriptive of all functions/duties within the position. The omission of a function/duty does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein, other duties may be assigned.
ALL QUALIFIED PERSONS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION (CREED), GENDER, GENDER EXPRESSION, MARTIAL STATUS, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, OR OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED CHARACTERISTICS.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $23.15 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance