Come join a team that is making a difference in our Community! Westmoreland Community Action (WCA) is a non-profit organization that works to improve individuals and families quality of life and reduce poverty in the community. WCA is currently seeking a Housing Navigator. The Housing Navigator brings a person-centered, trauma-informed approach to supporting our consumers. Their work will be built on a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, be easily accessible by our consumers and rooted in building permanent connections so all consumers exit with stable, permanent housing and the skills to continue to support their independence. Our Housing Programs works with individuals and families in Westmoreland County to help remove barriers and disparities that hinder them from maintaining self-sufficiency. Our Housing Department offers a variety of housing and supportive services interventions ranging from emergency supplies, transitional housing, rapid rehousing, permanent supportive housing, systems navigation and street outreach. While the majority of our efforts are within Westmoreland County, WCA also operates a regional program focusing on youth housing systems that serves the twenty counties of the Western Pennsylvania Continuum of Care. Benefits of working at WCA:
- 100% Employer paid Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Polices.
- Employer pays 80% of individual Medical Insurance Premium.
- 15 paid Holiday’s.
- 10 days of vacation in first year of employment.
- 3.69 hours of sick time accrued per pay period.
- 8% retirement match after 1 year and 1000 hours of service
- Mileage reimbursement
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS Knowledge of:
- WCA Agency programs.
- Local, state, and/or federal housing regulations.
- WCA Housing program structure and guidelines.
- Housing and related service systems in Westmoreland County.
- Social services structure and access points.
- Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, and Outlook.
- Case management, including developing rapport, motivation building, and coaching participants to meet their goals.
- Trauma-informed care case management.
- Motivational interviewing.
- Positive youth development.
- Person centered approach and techniques.
- Housing First practices.
- Case file documentation and data collection.
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in either sociology, social work, psychology, counseling, education or other related field or two years of experience in public or private human services, of which one year must be mental health direct care experience.
- A combination of education, training, work experience and/or lived experience will be considered. If, in good faith, you believe that you have the experience to succeed in this position, please apply!
- Additionally, candidate should have experience working with individuals experiencing homelessness/housing instability, experience implementing trauma-informed care, have strong organizational skills and the ability to set professional boundaries.
Housing Navigator salary based on experience: $18.35 to $21.01 Westmoreland Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects our community and those that we seek to serve. If you, in good faith, believe that you are qualified to succeed in this position, we encourage you to apply. Please include a cover letter to tell us about your unique qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.35 – $21.01 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance