Come join a team that is making a difference in our local communities! Benefits of working at WCA:
- 100% Employer paid Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Polices.
- Employer pays 80% of individual Medical Insurance Premium.
- 15 paid Holiday’s.
- 10 days of vacation in first year of employment.
- 3.69 hours of sick time accrued per pay period.
- 8% retirement match after 1 year and 1000 hours of service
- Mileage reimbursement
Westmoreland Community Action (WCA) is a non-profit organization that works to improve individuals and family’s quality of life and help to reduce poverty in the community. WCA is currently seeking three Full Time & one Part-Time Support Specialists, Ren-Entry Program. This position could be regularly assigned to work any of the shifts at the Re-Entry Program according to the Program needs. Responsibilities:
- Provide supervision and support to mental health participants in the Re-entry Program, as well as adhere to specific program policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement housing service plans.
- Link Re-entry participants to appropriate resources, i.e. medical, mental health, housing.
- Meet one-on-one with participants, i.e. review service plan goals, provide resources, provide support.
- Document daily progress notes.
- Supervise participants during medication administering times, ensuring they self-medicate according to prescribed dosages.
- Provide transportation for participants of the Re-entry Program when necessary for housing- related services in the community.
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Six months experience as a support staff trainee or one year of experience in a human service agency working with the mentally disabled, elderly or children & youth or two years of college, which includes courses, appropriate to the human services field.
- Ability to supervise or assist participants in the implementation of their housing goals.
- Ability to maintain accurate case documentation.
- Willingness to accompany participants into the community for scheduled housing- related appointments if necessary.
- Computer knowledge and skills helpful.
- Valid PA Driver’s License required and must carry $100,000/$300,000 bodily liability car insurance.
- Must be dependable, responsible, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Support Specialist – Re-Entry Program salary based on experience: $16.48 to 18.78. Westmoreland Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects our community and those we seek to serve. Must complete a post job offer physical examination form in compliance with Chapter 5310.21 (e) of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Mental Health Manual. This form includes a screening for tuberculosis, is signed by a licensed physician, and certifies the employee is free from any communicable diseases.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $16.48 – $18.87 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Covid vaccine required. Medical or religious exemptions accepted.