If within the past two years you have applied to Early Head Start, Head Start, or the Pre-K Counts Program, there is NO NEED to complete a new application. Instead, please call and your application will be updated and activated for possible enrollment opportunities.
The program is FREE and applications can be completed year-round. Early Head Start offers many services to help pregnant women and families with children under the age of three meet the medical, physical, emotional, and developmental needs of their infant or toddler.
Early Head Start offers:
- Parenting education and support
- Child development assessment
- Developmentally appropriate activities
- Family activities
- Weekly home-based services
- Socialization experiences for both parent and child
- Referrals to community resources
Early Head Start eligibility: Families must…
- Be residents of Westmoreland County
Must be expecting a baby OR have a child under age 3
- Meet income eligibility requirements OR have a child with special needs
- You may qualify if you make less than the 100% column for your family size on the 2024 Federal Poverty Guidelines.